Connected Car: The New Automotive Battlefield
The competitive playing field for Automotive OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers is shifting to infotainment system capabilities - the "Connected Car". Tech-savvy car buyers want a driver-centric experience, that means apps designed with relevant real-time content, integrated into a seamless, non-distracting user experience.
deCarta's Connected Car Platform
deCarta's Connected Car Platform is an integrated navigation, search and location solution developed specifically for the in-vehicle experience.
- L2 Local Search - deCarta's advanced single-line search combines an advanced geocoder with a flexible POI search that can extract user meaning from either text or voice input.
- Driver-Centric Applications - Deep integration of deCarta's LBS technologies allows combination of applications that might ordinarily be in separate apps, such as finding a parking space near a destination, alerts about changes in traffic and drive times to a meeting on your calendar or location notification directly from the navigation application.
- Search Along A Route - Designed specifically for the car, deCarta's patented Search Along A Route (SAAR) considers the route and direction of travel and ranks POI results based on convenience, drive time and distance.
- Off-Board or Hybrid Navigation - Best in class, voice guided navigation. Maps and routes can be served from the cloud or cached on-board using deCarta's hybrid navigation technology to provide uninterrupted services when wireless connectivity is lost.
- Customizable Content - deCarta's Connected Car platform is available with pre-selected content partners for Traffic, weather, parking, gas prices and more…but customers are free to use other data sources as desired to create customized or regional services.
Real-time information from leading content suppliers can be integrated into the driving experience:
- Traffic-based Routing - Continuously checks your route for congestion, incidents, and alternate routes using historic, real-time, and predictive traffic information.
- Points of Interest (POI) - data are continuously updated and always fresh.
- Weather - weather updates based on your current or selected location.
- Gas Prices - find and navigate to the cheapest gas near you or along your route.
- Parking - find available parking spaces near your destination by combining parking data with decarta's Search Around Location capability.
- Map Content - Map data from all leading map providers, including Nokia/NAVTEQ, TomTom and OpenStreetMap, plus many others.
deCarta's Connected Car Platform can be installed inside the customer's firewall or delivered as a Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering through deCarta's Hosted Services. To see the Connected Car APIs, please go to api.decarta.com